Just a few minutes ago Lilyan asked me how to spell a word and I spelt it for her. She gets all excited because she spelt it correct. She says "YES! I got it right mom"! I say to her "that is great Lily! Mom is not good at spelling, it has always been a struggle for me so I am glad you seem to be pretty good at sounding out words for yourself"!
* get ready for the punch line everyone.....
Lilyan says with a calm voice "than I may have still spelled it wrong"? I had to stop and think about what she meant by that...then it sunk in....she was saying that since I am not very good at spelling, I am not the right person to ask if she spelled it right! STINKER!! She said it with all sincerity...when she saw me laughing she says "what's so funny mom"? I just simply said "nothing honey...nothing" ;)
P.S. please disregard any misspelled words ;D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment