Thursday, February 19, 2009

Little Ms. Helper

Today I am watching my friends kids and Rebekah loves having them over, as well as I! As I was coming downstairs from cleaning Lilyans bedroom I hear Rebekah saying to Abigail (who is 2 as of today!) "no no Abagail, you don't spill the boys water"! I don't like her tone of voice so I start correcting her saying "Rebekah we don't talk that way, use a nice voice." She turns to me and says, "but mom...look at this big mess!" "Water is all over, and I have been cleaning it up for at least an hour already!" HA HA.... no concept of time obviously, but then she looks at me with big brown eyes and says "and I was trying to surprise you by cleaning it up for you, but now you ruined it." I told her she could continue cleaning and it would still be a great big surprise to me... and that I am proud of her for cleaning it up for me! So... as I type this she is cleaning the kitchen floor. It is interesting hearing the comments coming from her mouth just now. "this is such a big job!" "ohhh this is going to take forever" and just now came the "mom can you help me" so off I go to rescue my overworked soon to be 4 year old LOL:)

No comments: