Thursday, March 12, 2009

Emotional Attachment

But it was not the child, it was..... MOM!

Rebekah wanted her hair cut. So, mom was game. I plopped her on the kitchen counter and started to brush her long... blond hair. As I ran the brush through it I saw the last year go through my mind. The length was great, and it was a sign of time passed to me. As I sprayed it with water and held the scissors..... I choked! I whispered to Rebekah.... How about just an inch honey? I just could not seem to part with the time passed it represented. So how does a 4 year old respond?.........

MOM!! IT WILL GROW BACK!! JUST CUT IT!!

OK, so.... I guess sometimes kids have less attachment then mom's. So, I chuckled at her blunt, outspoken response and chopped away! The emotional attachment did not last long for me... it faded into laughter and hugs:)

No comments: