During my morning run today I felt the Lord speaking to my heart. One of my favorite songs came on my MP3 player, I will share the words at the end of this post, but the song made me really think. Am I sharing the Truth of Christ with the people around me as much as I can? As I ask myself this, I ask you to think about that as well.
As I ran I thought about how many times I have been asked why I am so happy? Or what gives me such a positive attitude? And one of the biggest questions I get is "how in the world can you do the home schooling, or stay at home mom thing?"
I am ashamed to say that my answer has not always reflected the proper reason. I can't begin to recall how many times I have given the credit for these wonderful things in my life to having a good supportive husband, Jeff's job, or even just stating "taking it one day at a time" all those things are true, but lets face it even all those things let us down time to time. People are loosing jobs left and right these days, and marriages are failing faster than jobs are being lost. And we couples are not always the best support systems all the time. And the answer taking it one day at a time, while that may be true it sure does not draw people to understand my reason to do what we as Christians are called to do.
I have been challenged by God today to really look at my responses to people who want what I have in my life. The happiness, it comes from God. The ability to home school, comes from God. My Stay At Home job is glamorous to me because God has given me this job, and He knows what is best for my children.
How many times do we fail to share the only real constant Truth in our life with people? God will never divorce us. God will never stop supporting us. God will never fire us. God is the ONLY thing in this life that will always sustain us, strengthen us and shed Grace on us.... even when we don't deserve it! Why are we not giving Him the credit when He deserves it, and quit frankly, owns it! If we really want people to find true happiness in life we MUST point them to the only One who can give it. Jesus Christ. Everything else is failure. If we say to someone "the reason I am so happy is because of my dear husband" that person will encounter a divorce or someone who has been divorced and see how miserable it is...and your testimony is false to them. Give them the only true answer of happiness, and THEN we can say we have been faithful to our Lord and Savior, and given Him the praise and worship He deserves from us as followers of Christ. It is our only reason for being on this earth you know. We were not created to live our life, we were created to please, worship and glorify Him. He is the potter, we are the clay, we must let Him shape our life.
The Blessing by John Waller
Let it be said of us
While we walked among the living
Let it be said of us
By the ones we leave behind
Let it be said of us
That we lived to be a blessing for life
Let it be said of us
That we gave to reach the dying
Let it be said of us
By the fruit we leave behind
Let it be said of us
That our legacy is blessing for life
This day
You set life, you set death right before us,
This day
Every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be a blessing for life
Let it be said of us
That our hearts belonged to Jesus Let it be said of us
That we spoke the words of life
Let it be said of us
That our heritage is blessing for life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment