Thursday, October 30, 2008

He is even in potatoes!

Rebekah and I were making dinner together and needed to get a sack full of potatoes from the laundry room fridge, so off we went together. I picked up the sack, and Rebekah exclaimed "I can carry that mom!" I informed her it was very heavy, but she could try. As we are walking she has the sack flung over her shoulder and she is saying in a distressed but determined voice "these are heavy....but I can do it!!" as we neared the corner I asked her if she wanted help, she expresses very clear "no mom, I can do this" still with much distress in her voice.

As we head up the 3 steps to the kitchen I say with a joyful tone "Rebekah you are doing it all by yourself!!" she says proud, but still distressed and determined.... "no mom, someone is helping me!" I ask "well who??" she responds with determination "God is helping me mom!"

Let us be lead by Rebekah in our thoughts.... if He can be found in a sack of potatoes.... He can surly be found everywhere else in our lives! Thank you Lord for the teachings of our 3 year old. Help me remember you even in the little things of life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so encouraged by this story! What a great reminder that God really is at work in EVERY situation.
Devra