Last night was the LAHSO end of the school year program/graduation.
There was one graduate, Bret, who is headed to the Marines in 2 months. Our prayer for him is one of safety, growth, strength in the Lord, and blessings in all he pursues in life.
As I watched his mom and dad give out his diploma, it sure made me think of Jeff and I doing that in 7 years with Savannah and of course the others to follow. Man, did I ever think God would have us here...doing this? No, but are we so pleased He has given us the strength and courage to do this, yes! Our prayer as parents every day is that all we do and teach our children brings honor and glory to Him.
Our girls are growing so fast, and every day is a gift from God, to share with them His creation. What a blessing we have found in the ability to be the ones to teach them all about His works. He sure has blessed us with wonderful home school friends, contacts, and support groups. I could not do it without them. I am also thankful for our family being supportive in our decision to home educate.
So, as we move forward in our decision to home school, I continue to ask God for strength, courage, and his wisdom to nurture our girls to His honor and glory. And one day, I pray that we can stand at the front of the room with our daughters in cap and gown, and thank God for these 3 blessings in our life, and thank God for giving us the tools to teach them in the Way of the Lord. And most of all, thank God for all the lessons He had in this home schooling process for us to learn. Because we know that everything God puts in our life to care for or manage through....is for our own personal growth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment