Monday, May 19, 2008

Savannah is home!

We are so happy to have Savannah home with us again. It is nice to have her able to visit and make memories with family, but it is great to have our big helper back in the family again! She sure had a great time, she kept us busy on the 1.5 hour drive home listening to all the great things she did!

It is good to have them go away, and see the love that each of them really have for one another. By Thursday of last week Lilyan was really missing Savannah. When I was busy on a phone call the house got amazingly quiet (and any mom knows that does NOT happen when you are on the phone!) when my call was over I went looking for Lilyan, who was camped out in her room, door closed, cuddled up under her blanket whimpering like a little lost puppy. Between sobs I managed to get a "I miss Savannah" out of her. These are the God given moments in time to be thankful for. You see, whenever I get the "I am board" or "I don't have anyone to play with" my comments are always "God has given you 2 sisters, go spend some time with one of them!" And they do, half heartedly stomping off to do as mom says. But these are the moments that God reassures your decisions, gives you a happy "thumbs up" and you can feel confident in your parenting.......SO FAR! Tomorrow will bring a new set of thoughts to the table, and that I have full confidence in!

No comments: