Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lilyan

Today I found myself looking into my 7 year olds eyes and asking myself "when did you grow up?" Why does that happen so fast? She has been our hardest one when it comes to strong will, and today I was looking at a girl who has come a long way in that area. As I sat looking into her eyes I surely found myself thanking God for the strength and determination to parent her the way we have so far. I put my arms around her this afternoon and shared how very proud of her I was with her growth in obedience. I shared how wonderful it was to see the Holy Spirit working on her heart in areas even I as your mother can't change. I told her why I am so very thankful that she has asked Christ into her heart because I love here and know that she needs His help to change...just as we all do! Thank you Lord for changing me through this beautiful girl you have given to Jeff and I to raise. We learn so much in our child rearing process, and we learn different things from each and every one. I know we will encounter times of trouble with Lilyan yet, but for this moment.....I am thankful!

No comments: